If you’ve recently updated your branding elements and want your old site to reflect the new logo and colors, you can contact us to make these changes for you with a website refresh or make these changes yourself.
Here are instructions to update branding elements on your website, like your logo and color scheme.
Sign in so you can edit your website using the following steps:
- Sign in to your website’s admin console. Type in your website URL and add /login to get to that page. So, the URL you’re going to will be something like example.com/login.
- Sign in using your email address or username and the password you chose. (If you don’t remember your username or password, use the requests on your login page to access/reset them securely.)
- Now you’re at your admin dashboard!
Change Your Logo
Change the logo in your site header by following these steps:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the left side menu on your admin dashboard, and go to divi and then click on theme builder from the drop-down menu.”
- 2. Next, go to the “global header for website template.” Click on the pencil icon. Click the settings icon on gray box, then remove the old logo by clicking on the trash can icon.
- 3. Upload your new logo.
Change Your Website Colors to Match Your Logo/Branding
To update the colors on your website, stay on the admin console. If you’re on the front end, you can navigate to the backend by clicking your business name at the top; follow these steps:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the left side menu on your admin dashboard, and click on “divi” then “theme options.”
- 2. Swap out colors by typing in the new hex codes, or you can choose colors by dragging the selector. Go to the color picker pallette and click on each color to change the code.
- 3. Once you’ve entered the codes or selected your new colors, click Save at the top of the page.
- Then go to the front end by clicking on your business name on the top and manually click each element you want to change the color of. You’ll be able to select one of the branding colors you chose earlier.
- 4. Make sure you save by exiting the visual builder at the top right of the page and clicking save and exit. Note, you’ll have to do this for each page you change. You can’t go to the next page while still in the visual builder.
- 5. Be sure to check your site thoroughly to ensure it is still usable. It is possible to accidentally change the colors of certain page elements so that you can no longer read or navigate your site. For instance, you might have changed specific text elements that work well on one page but have white text on a white background on another page.
Hex codes are six-digit codes that tell your website precisely what color/s to display. If you have a professionally-designed logo—and honestly, you always, always should—your designer will have provided you with the exact codes to use. However, if you’ve chosen to have a friend or family member design your logo and that person is not a professional, you may not have the proper hex codes, so your site colors match your logo.
If that’s the case, you can use this free tool to find the hex codes for the colors in your logo.
It’s essential to be careful and follow these steps to a T, so you don’t break your site. If you have difficulty with this or are too afraid to attempt it, please create a support ticket and buy credits, and we can help you make these changes. Alternately, you can schedule some “education” time with us, and we can walk you through the changes personally.
Updating branding elements is not the type of change that will happen frequently, but you will still be able to learn some design basics that will help you make other basic changes and updates confidently.